星期三, 九月 27, 2006

Windows Live Writer (Beta) Update

Another Update (Build 145) was released. And the Blogger Beta problem is fixed. Please visit the Writer Zone for the update. Or just download the latest version.

The following is a summary of the changes in the Writer 1.0 (Beta) Update:

  • Tagging support
  • Support for Blogger Beta
  • Categories are sorted by name and support scrolling, plus improved support for reading categories from your blog
  • Improved startup performance
  • Paste is enabled for Title region and TAB/SHIFT+TAB navigation between title and body supported
  • Insert hyperlink added to context menu when text is selected
  • Title attribute in Insert Link dialog
  • Custom date support for Community Server
  • Improved keyboard shortcuts for switching views
  • Change spell-check shortcut key to F7
  • Add ‘png’ to insert image dialog file type filter
  • More robust image posting to Live Spaces
  • Improved style detection for blogs
  • Fixed issues with pasting URLs and links
  • Remember last window size and position when opening a new post
  • Open post dialog retrieves more than 25 old posts

Although it is said Support for Blogger Beta, but I have to specify the Type of weblog and Remote posting URL by myself. The detection can not be done automatically for the moment.

TIP: The Type of weblog for Blogger Beta is Blogger (Atom), and the Remote posting URL is http://beta.blogger.com/feeds/blogID/posts/full. You can see the blogID(a long number) in your web browser's address bar when you manage your posts at Blogger Beta. Below are snapshots showing how to do this.

Weblog Homepage and Login

Writer Blogger Beta blogID

Select Provider Correct

PS: This post is published using Writer :)

Visit the Writer Zone.

Download the updated Writer.

This post is updated at 2006-09-29 17:11.

9 条评论:

匿名 说...

Thanks for this information. It looks like the Blogger Beta Atom URLs have changed, they used to say https://beta.blogger.com/... which is the pattern we're expecting to find in the link tags, so we don't realize that http://*.blogspot.com is a Blogger (Atom) blog. We never intended for anyone to have to manually configure for Blogger Beta, it was supposed to be totally automatic.

That's the problem with targetting beta blog services with beta software, they're both moving targets. :(

After manually configuring with the correct Atom URL, I'm not seeing any problems with editing posts though. Can you e-mail me with the exact steps you take to reproduce the problem? It would help us a lot. My e-mail address is joecheng, followed by the at sign, followed by microsoft dot com. (Spelling it out to try to avoid spam)

Thanks!

匿名 说...

OK, I figured out the problem and a workaround. Can you do me a favor and update your post to show the correct procedure as detailed in my blog post? Thanks.

Shingo 说...

Hi, Joe.
That's true, targetting beta with beta is a hard job.
But you guys are doing good. I really like Writer already from the first release.
PS: An email was sent to you.

Shingo 说...

No problem but need some time.
I have to find a Non-China proxy to visit the wordpress.com. Sign...

Bb88 说...

Sorry but you need to up date again since Window Live seems to have updated again. I tried you way and still got a error.

Shingo 说...

Updated. Sorry about the mistake. There should be no error by following this post, with the Writer Version 1.0 (141).
The Windows Live Writer Team will give a new release very soon.

GF 说...

OK that's great, but I'm not on Blogger Beta and have Live Writer (previous Beta version) working perfectly on my laptop.

Now I've installed it on my Desktop PC with this new version and it won't connect to my blog - I only have Blogger (Atom) as a choice.

What about those of us who don't have an invite to convert our existing Blogs to beta? How do we use Live Writer - which I've loved up until now.

匿名 说...

Thanks for this information.

Jer 说...

Very helpful. just what I was looking for...

any idea on how to post pics automatically to blogger beta while using WLW? (I don't host them anywhere, but want to upload directly...like I do to Community Server blog...another one I've got)